Online Application Form
Security and Confidentiality
We understand the value of your personal information and therefore will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Your personal information is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards and firewalls to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information. We recognise the need for appropriate protection and management of the personal information you share with us. We protect that information using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology and by limiting employee access on a need-to-know basis. We store data in encrypted form on servers and control access via secure web pages. We employ firewalls and other security technologies to protect our servers from external attack.
Our security systems meet or exceed industry standards and we are constantly monitoring technological developments to ensure our systems evolve as required. We also test our systems regularly to make sure our security mechanisms are up to date. Finally, we are subject to South African data protection laws, which we comply with fully and give the greatest respect.
Personal information is information that identifies or relates specifically to you includes your financial information, for example, your name, age and identity number, your assets and liabilities, your income and your payment records. In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information.
Collecting your Data
We collect information about you in two ways – directly from your application and also from outside sources such as credit bureaux and customer service providers. We may use data that identifies your personal information for a number of things including: statistical analysis; to develop and improve our products; to assess lending risks; to update your records; to identify which of our products, or our partners’ products which might interest you; to identify and prevent fraud, money laundering and other criminal activities; to carry out regulatory checks, keeping you informed about your loan, and for market research; and in the products and services which we offer on behalf of third parties.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
In order to make your use of this loan product and service offered by CashSA as successful as possible, it is necessary for us to find out exactly what you need and want from us and to ascertain whether in terms of the provisions of the National Credit Act you are eligible to get a loan. The following are some of the reasons why we would collect your personal information:
- to identify you;
- in order for us to process your instructions or requests;
- in order for us to ensure that you meet our lending criteria, we may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you to compile a credit profile of you in order for us to grant you a loan and to meet your specific needs;
- once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you. If any of this promotional information relates to products, promotions, news or services of a third party, and if you indicate that you would like more details, we may inform the third party to contact you directly. We will however, only inform a third party to contact you directly if you have indicated that this is agreeable to you.
Additional Data Collection
In addition to the personal information you submit, we may collect information about your computer or mobile device including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type – for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertising partners which allow Us to have a better understanding of Our customer requirements and/or preferences by using cookies to track users as they travel from website to website recording what commercial advertisements they view and select while browsing. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies enable us to improve our service to you, estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and recognise you when you return to our site.
When you use the CashSA Website or mobile application and the services provided by us, you may be given an access number, user name, password and/or personal identification number (PIN). You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your user name, access card, password and/or personal identification number (“PIN”).
Sharing your Data for Service Provision
Selling and Disclosing your Data to Third Parties
We may also sell your data (or otherwise pass it on) to selected third parties who may receive it as part of products or services which we offer and/or otherwise use it to contact you by post, telephone, email, SMS or other reasonable method in relation to offers they feel might interest you, whether or not we enter into an agreement with you. By clicking the “I Accept” box, you hereby agree that we may disclose your personal information:
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such a business or assets)
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal information held about customers will be one of the transferred assets)
- If we have a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with a legal request, or in order to enforce any of our terms and conditions
Electronic Communications and Transactions Act
We also voluntarily subscribe to the principles, outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (‘ECT Act’), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private. We briefly outline these principles below:
- We hereby disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we have used it.
- We will not use your personal information for any purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you herein, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted/required to do so by law.
Further to the requirements of the ECT Act; we will disclose your personal information without your consent:
- If we are required to do so by law or a court order;
- If disclosure is in the public interest;
- If disclosure is in the FinSA’s interest;
- With your implied consent.
In terms of the Consumer Protection Act and section 45 of the ECT Act, you understand that you have the option to opt out of any mailing list maintained by CashSA for commercial and marketing communications.
Contact from CashSA and third parties
As part of the application process, we ask you whether we or any of our partners may contact you about our products and services by telephone, post, email and SMS (or other reasonable method). If you ticked “yes” but no longer wish to receive such communications, please visit the My Account page on our website, login and change your communication preference at any time, or follow the instructions in the message itself. You may also register on the National “Opt Out” register of the Direct Marketing Association of South Africa by going to www.dmasa.org.
We may transfer your personal information to selected third parties (see “Selling and disclosing your data to third parties” above). If at any time you wish to stop receiving such contact from a third party, you will need to follow the instructions about unsubscribing provided at that time by the third party. Please note that we only partner with trusted companies who will respect your right to unsubscribe from any such marketing communications, but we will not be responsible for managing that process or any disputes.
Third Party Links
To register with us you must be 18 years of age or older. Minors are strictly forbidden from using the service.
Which Laws Apply?
CashSA offers short-term and personal loans to individuals. During loan applications, we collect nonpublic personal information about you from your credit application, credit reporting agencies, and your transactions, experience with us, our affiliates, and nonaffiliated third parties. We use your personal, demographic and profile data to enhance your experience with CashSA and to enable us to present information we think you might be interested in.
Our short-term and personal loans are intended to be strictly for adults (18 years and older), and will only be approved to individuals who qualify, and who understand the terms.